Tuesday, May 21, 2013 | 12:10 PM
Onward and upward
We've been pleased with the rapid adoption of Google Shopping by the global retail community. Over 1 billion products are now being promoted globally on Google Shopping, largely driven by a 300% year-on-year growth in participating sellers (including many aggregators and marketplaces). And we’ve seen 20% growth in traffic to retailers over the past year.
Global merchant success stories
We’ve heard from a variety of retailers around the world who have embraced Google Shopping and are seeing great results. Check out the highlights below:
|Japan||Enigmo runs a social shopping site offering domestic customers brand items from sellers outside of Japan. After they optimized their data on Google Shopping and created a Product Listing Ads campaign, Enigmo succeeded in increasing the number of new customer sign-ups.|
|Netherlands||TuinFlora.com is a family-owned business that exports flower bulbs, seeds and plants across Europe and the US. They promoted their products on Google Shopping for their top export markets and saw their conversion rates increase by 20%.|
Forward3D helped New Look, a leading fashion retailer for men, women and teens in the UK, experiment with Product Listing Ads to increase reach and improve engagement beyond standard text ads. They used Merchant Center labels to categorize the catalogue by price bracket, balancing CPAs and ROI more effectively. As a result, New Look saw a 24% increase in revenue week over week, 68% overall revenue growth and 40% improved ROI.
Equimedia helped WHSmith.co.uk, a retailer of books, stationery, and more, promote their products on Google Shopping. Product Listing Ads represent 6% of total PPC spend but generate 10% of the revenue, producing a total ROI that is 59% better than standard text ads.
|Germany||Hurra.com helped bonprix, a leading fashion retailer, complement standard text ads with Product Listing Ads, achieving a 50% higher click-through-rate and 30% higher conversion rate at the same cost-per-click.|
Make the most of Google Shopping
Whether you’re just getting started with Product Listing Ads or are looking for more advanced optimization strategies, we’ve compiled our top recommendations to succeed with Google Shopping below. Read on for these quick tips and sign up for one of our upcoming Hangouts on Air in your country to learn how you can prepare for the global commercial transition.
If you’re new to Product Listing Ads
- Get started with Merchant Center, the place to upload your product data to Google
- Once your products are in Merchant Center, create a Product Listing Ads campaign to promote your products on Google Shopping
- Use the All Products target to quickly promote your entire inventory
- Take advantage of automatic bidding for Product Listing Ads, which saves you time and resources by enabling Google to automatically adjust your CPC bids to optimize traffic
- Provide high quality data and follow our updated product feed specifications
- Promote products across devices by ensuring all of your Product Listing Ads campaigns are upgraded to enhanced campaigns
- Join Google Engage to get the latest agency news, trainings and support from the Google Shopping team
- Australia - 1800 087 124
- Brazil - 0800 727 8947
- Czech Republic - 800 500 353
- France - 805 540 727
- Germany - 0800 5894933
- Italy - 800930819
- Japan - 0120-984-684
- Netherlands - 0800 2500026
- Spain - 900 814 539
- Switzerland - 0800 002539
- United Kingdom - 0800 169 0711